last updated 25 June 2015
STANCE S1 + : General Operation
The headphones draw power from the in-built lithium battery when the bottom mode is selected. If the in-built lithium battery has been charged, you should be able switch ON your headphones.
The headphones draw power from the external batteries when the top mode is selected. If no AAA batteries have been inserted when in this mode, no power will be supplied to the headphones.
Use of Batteries (External AAA)
Change in Sound Quality
Volume Control Dial™
While using the STANCE S1+ in “Wired Mode”, you can control the volume remotely via the buttons on the audio cable.
When Connected to Device via Audio Cable (Wired Mode)
While using the audio cable, you can answer phone calls, pause/resume music playback remotely by pressing on the buttons on the audio cable.
– The 4 section audio jack goes to the audio jack of your device
– The 3 section audio jack is connected to your STANCE S1+
STANCE S1 + : Wireless Bluetooth® Operation
- Please ensure that the WIRELESS Bluetooth® mode is selected on your STANCE S1+. Refer to the user guide for more details.
- Please move closer to your Bluetooth® audio device and move away from other electrical equipment.
- Weak batteries can interfere with the Bluetooth® reception. Please charge your STANCE S1+.
- Ensure that the STANCE S1+ is in Bluetooth® mode
- Hold the dial for 10 seconds to do a full reset
- Manually pair your STANCE S1+ with your audio device again
Using STANCE S1+ with Bluetooth® Source Transmitters
If the source device and transmitter supports aptX, the audio quality will be likened to CD-quality.
– Creative BT-D1 (USB Bluetooth Transmitter with aptX, no dual stream)
– Rangers (Bluetooth Transmitter Audio Splitter, with aptX & dual stream)
– Azio BTDV401 (USB Bluetooth Transmitter with aptX, no dual stream)
– Avantree Priva (Bluetooth Transmitter, with aptX, with dual stream)
Using the STANCE S1+ with SMART TVs
Firstly, check the specifications of your smart TV; it must have a built-in Bluetooth® transmitter (version EDR 2.1 or higher). Follow your smart TV’s operating manual to pair the STANCE S1+ via Bluetooth®.
If your smart TV does not have a built-in Bluetooth® transmitter, but has an analog audio output, you can connect the STANCE S1, with a compatible Bluetooth® transmitter.
Firstly, using a suitable audio cable, connect the the smart TV’s audio output to the Bluetooth® transmitter’s audio input.
Next, pair the STANCE S1+ to your Bluetooth® Transmitter (Kindly refer to instruction manual of the Bluetooth® Transmitter)
If your smart TV does not have a Bluetooth® transmitter, check if your smart TV has an analog audio output.
Choose a suitable audio cable that can connect from the smart TV audio output to the Stance S1. Select S1 Wired Amplified mode (Ensure that you are in the Wired Mode, and the power switch is in the “ON” position).